Ever wonder if all that fussing and drooling is linked to your little one getting her first tooth? While every child is different, here’s a timeline of when you can expect to see that first pearly white and how you can help ease the pain!
- 6 months: lower central incisors
- 8 months: upper central incisors
- 10 months: lower and upper lateral incisors
- 14 months: first molars
- 18 months: canines
- 24 months: second molars
Here are Some Remedies to Help Soothe the Teething Pain!
- Wet washcloth and put it in the fridge to get chilly, but not too cold. Frozen toys or washcloths tend to be way to harsh on those sensitive gums.
- Massage your little one’s gums with a clean finger.
- Toys that make noise, not only is it fun for to hear a rubber toy squeak but it’s just enough pressure to help ease the pain.
- Distraction. Babies are easily distracted when something is really engaging and they can quickly forget what had them in a tizzy.
- Pain reliever such as Acetaminophen can be given, but check with your doctor first.
Like these suggestions, share them by clicking on the link below!